[LCA2011-Chat] Some Anti-Harassment Policies considered harmful

From: Andrew Ruthven <andrew>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 23:59:53 +1300

Hi Luke,

Excellent to hear that lca2011 speakers were asked to keep their slide
decks G-rated. Certainly we asked them that for LCA2010 [0]. Given
that speakers were asked that this year too, we think that's reason to
consider the slides inappropriate for the LCA audience. (We still don't
think it is harrasment...)

We think that future LCA's should include the G-rated request for the
slide-decks in the T&Cs so that the request is transparent to all
delegates and sponsors. However, we think some profanity should be
allowed and discretion should be allowed for that.

Cheers!
Andrew & Susanne

[0] From the LCA2010 Speakers Info page (and various emails): Please
  read our Terms and Conditions to ensure that your talk is pitched
  appropriately for LCA2010 (that includes keeping slide-decks G-rated)

--
Andrew Ruthven
Wellington, New Zealand