[LCA2011-Chat] Abusive off-list messages (Re: Some Anti-Harassment Policies considered harmful)

From: Mary Gardiner <mary_at_puzzling.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 11:03:54 +1100

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011, Rob Thomas wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Mitch Davis <mjd+lca_at_afork.com> wrote:
> > Two people have told me that there have been one or more private
> > emails sent to women on this list in the last few days about this
> > issue, which were vitriolic and anonymous.
>
> If anyone has received one of these messages, please feel free to send
> me the complete headers of the email, off list, and I'll identify who
> it was quite quickly.
>
> I am quite happy to keep the recipients identity secret. The senders
> details will be published in full.

Note also the warning posted to the Linux Australia discussion list:

http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2011-February/018455.html

This particular list (chat_at_lca2011) is administered by LCA 2011 and not
directly by Linux Australia, but if anyone wants to, they are welcome to
forward abuse to me also or instead.

-Mary